Flexistim is a multitherapy unit suitable for both clinical and home use. This versatile device combines four different treatment modes in one to accelerate healing process and drug-free pain relief: TENS, EMS, IFT and Micro-Current Stimulation. Each of the modes has a different function, therefore making this unit truly flexible to meet the user’s demands.
TENS treatment relieves pain by helping the body to release natural painkillers called endorphins and by blocking pain signals to the brain. EMS produces intense muscle contractions that react with specific nerves to provide pain relief and muscle rehabilitation, whereas IFT is meant to deliver continuous stimulation to the tissue to relieve deep seated pain. It can additionally reduce swelling and inflammation. Finally, Micro-Current stimulation is designed to accelerate body’s own healing process.
Overall, this multitherapy unit can cater to very different needs when it comes to therapy. Not only does it provide safe and drug-free pain relief, but also aid to natural healing process, doing as much as speeding them up. Electrical impulses are sent through self-adhesive electrode pads which are placed on the skin around the area of pain. The impulses work in different ways to combat aches, pains and strains to provide much needed relief when you need it most.
There is a plethora of conditions that could benefit from using Flexistim multitherapy device including arthritis, joint pain, sciatica, spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, muscle strains and injuries.
Please see 'User Manuals' for Clinical Applications of the Flexistim.
• Do NOT use this device on patients who have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted electronic devices, because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
• Do NOT use this device on patients whose pain syndromes are undiagnosed.
• Do NOT apply stimulation over the pregnant uterus.
• Do NOT apply stimulation over the neck or mouth because this could cause severe muscle spasms resulting in closure of the airway, difficulty in breathing, or adverse effects on heart rhythm or blood pressure.
• Do NOT apply stimulation across the chest, because IFT currents penetrate deep into the tissue and the introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to the patient’s heart, which could be lethal.
• Do NOT apply stimulation, other than microcurrent, over open wounds or rashes, or over swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (e.g. phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins).
• Do NOT apply stimulation over, or in proximity to, cancerous lesions.
• Do NOT apply stimulation in the presence of electronic monitoring equipment (e.g. cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the electrical stimulation device is in use.
• Do NOT apply stimulation when in the bath or shower.
• Do NOT apply stimulation while driving, operating machinery, or during any activity
in which electrical stimulation can put the patient at risk of injury. • Do NOT use simultaneously with high frequency hospital diagnostic/therapeutic equipment. Doing so may result in burns at the site of the electrodes and possible damage to device.
• Do NOT apply near the thorax because the introduction of electrical current may increase the risk of cardiac fibrillation.
• Stimulation should not be applied across or through the head, directly on the eyes, covering the mouth, on the front of the neck (especially the carotid sinus), or from electrodes placed on the upper back or crossing over the heart.
• Consult with your physician before using this device, because the device may cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.
• Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, clean, healthy skin.
• Using the device directly over metallic implants could cause the currents to focus over a small area, causing tissue burns. If you have metal implants, do not place the pads near, or across the implant, and adjust the intensity with care.
• Caution should be observed when using the Flexistim at high strength settings. Flexistim has a Yellow LED light on output socket which means Flexistim is capable of delivering outputs >10 mA (RMS) averaged over 1s.
• Prolonged use at high settings may cause muscle injury or tissue inflammation.
• There are no user serviceable parts. No modification of this equipment is allowed.
• Since the effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown, stimulation should not be applied across the head and electrodes should not be placed on opposite sides of the head, unless you are in Microcurrent mode.
• The safety of electrical stimulation during pregnancy has not been established.
• Some patients may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to the electrical
• stimulation or electrically conductive medium (gel).
• Patients with suspected or diagnosed heart disease should follow precautions recommended by their physicians.
• Patients with suspected or diagnosed epilepsy should follow precautions
recommended by their physicians. • Use caution when the patient has a tendency to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures when stimulation may disrupt the patient’s healing process.
• Use caution if stimulation is applied over areas of skin with less than normal sensitivity.
• Keep this device out of the reach of children. Long cord - risk of strangulation in infants.
• Do not permit use by children unable to understand the instructions or persons with cognitive disabilities, i.e.: Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
• Caution Not intended for use in an oxygen rich environment.
• Caution Not intended for use in conjunction with flammable anaesthetics or flammable agents.
• Caution The patient is an intended operator.
• Caution Do not service and maintain the device while in use with a patient.
• Caution Maintenance and all repairs should only be carried out by an authorized agency. The manufacturer will not be held responsible for the results of maintenance or repairs by unauthorized persons.
• Caution: Strong electromagnetic fields (electro-surgery/ microwave cookers/ mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit. If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• If necessary, we will provide circuit diagrams, component part lists or other information that will assist authorized service personnel to repair the device.
• Keep away from pets and pests.
• Patients may experience skin irritation and burns beneath the stimulation electrodes applied to the skin.
• Patients may experience headache and other painful sensations during or following the application of electrical stimulation near the eyes and to the head and face.
• Patients should stop using the device and should consult with their physicians if they
experience adverse reactions from the device.
• Do not immerse any part of the unit in water
• Do not place the unit close to excessive heat.
• Do not use any electrodes which are less than 50 mm x 50 mm.
• Use only the specified battery: 1 x 3.7 volt rechargeable lithium battery. The use of any other battery could damage the unit.
• Remove battery if unit is not used for a long period of time.
• Do not use the unit while asleep.
• Do not put the lead wire on, or wrapped around the neck.
• Use this device only with the leads, electrodes and accessories recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other parts materials supplied by the manufacturer can degrade minimum safety and invalidate the warranty.
• After inserting plugs into both CH1 and CH2 sockets, please do not remove the plugs when the unit is working. Ensure that the unit is switched OFF before removing the plugs.
• Keep the unit away from sources of high magnetic fields such as TV’S, microwave ovens and hi-fi speakers, as these may affect the LCD screen.
• Keep the device away from a fireplace or radiant heater, as the heat may affect the device.
• Keep the device away from nebulizer or steam kettle, as the moisture may affect the device.
• Keep the device away from sunlight, as long-term exposure to sunlight may affect the rubber causing it to become less elastic and crack.
• Keep the device away from lint and dust, as long-term exposure to lint or dust may affect the sockets or cause the battery connector to develop a bad contact.
• Temperature & Relative Humidity of storage: -25°C–+70°C, 10%--93% R.H.
• Temperature & Relative Humidity of transportation: -25°C–+70°C, 10%--93% R.H.