TensCare have developed our Fitness and Recovery range of electrotherapy devices to help with all stages of training and recovery. EMS (Electrical muscle stimulation) is widely recognised by healthcare professionals and sports individuals as a method of treatment for muscle rehabilitation, improving muscle endurance and preventing injury. TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) and IFT (Interferential Therapy) settings relieve muscle pain due to injury and over-training.
Why use an Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) device?
EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) produces intensive and effective muscular contraction by passing electrical stimulation through electrode pads placed on the skin in order to react with specific nerves supplying a particular muscle group. These muscle contractions retrain the muscles, increase their effectiveness and improve their condition.
Benefits for Sports individuals
- Improve muscle endurance and performance
- Provides muscle training to support the strengthening of certain muscles or muscle groups in order to achieve desired changes to body proportions
- Sports training - warm-up, strength, speed, power, resistance, endurance and recovery
- Rehabilitation in relation to sports injury
- Help prevent muscle atrophy
- Increasing local blood circulation
How can the TENS settings help?
TENS (delivers tiny, safe, electrical signals through conductive pads to stimulate the nerves under your skin. It relieves pain in two ways: by helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins) and by blocking pain messages.
By using TENS you can expect to achieve a significant reduction, if not complete pain relief from any sports injury.
How can the Massage settings help?
Massage programmes produce a relaxing, resting effect. Muscle relaxation helps to:
- Loosen up muscular tension
- Improve muscular fatigue symptoms
- Accelerate muscle regeneration after high muscular performance