Leads normally last 3-6 months depending on frequency of use and care taken of them. To get the most out of your leads, follow the below advice.
• It is important not to bend or pull on the leads, do not pick up the device using the leads or probe
• Avoid bending or putting pressure on the leads where the lead joins the plug or the probe
• Always remove the probe by gripping the base of the probe just under the flare, and electrodes by peeling gently from the outside of the pad, do not remove by pulling the leads
• Keep your leads clean and dry when not in use
• Do not wrap leads around the probe, machine or other objects, this can put unnecessary strain on them
It is important to clean and dry your leads regularly. You can use an alcohol-free anti-bacterial wipe or a cloth dampened with warm soapy water to clean the leads, and a clean towel or paper towel to dry.
Always make sure your leads are clean and dry before storing. Keep leads in your device storage pouch in a cool dry place.
If your leads or TENS machine are not working properly, you can view our FAQ here.