Probes normally last 3-6 months depending on frequency of use and care taken of them. To get the most out of your probe, follow the below advice.
• It is important not to bend or pull on the probe leads, do not pick up the device using the leads or probe
• Avoid bending or putting pressure on the leads where the lead joins the plug or the probe
• Always remove the probe by gripping the base of the probe just under the flare, not by pulling on the leads
• Keep your probe and leads clean and dry when not in use
• Do not wrap leads around the probe, machine or other objects, this can put unnecessary strain on them
It is important to clean and dry your probe before and after each use. You can use an alcohol-free anti-bacterial wipe or a cloth dampened with warm soapy water to clean the probe, and a clean towel or paper towel to dry. Do not immerse the probe in a liquid. Do not use any other cleaning solution.
Always make sure your probe is dry before storing. Keep the probe in your device storage pouch in a cool dry place.
If your probe or TENS machine is not working properly, you can view our FAQ here.