This year marks a significant milestone in TensCare's history - we are celebrating three decades of experience, growth, expansion, product innovation and development, whilst embracing good values and continuing to on our mission of helping people feel better naturally. Anniversaries are the opportunities to recollect our memories and to cherish them again.
Thanks to all those who have walked alongside us, those who have shared in our successes and challenges, and those who have believed in the power of perseverance. Today, we stand at the crossroads of time, celebrating TensCare Ltd's remarkable thirty-year journey – a journey that embodies progress, innovation, and values that have shaped our very core. Over half of these three decades have been under Neil's leadership, and his constant support, remarkable vision, and steadfast commitment have united our team. Today, we embark on a journey to uncover Neil's story – a tale of leadership and perseverance that continues to uplift every member of the TensCare family.
If, like me you are busy and don’t have time to read long lists (it’s not that long given it tries hard to encapsulate 30 years of business learning) then at least scroll down and take note of the last point 15.
1. Embrace Innovation: Stay ahead of the curve by embracing innovation and continuously exploring new technologies and trends. Being open minded to change will help your business remain competitive and relevant in a dynamic market. A theme at TensCare is that we are on a journey – the nature of a journey is that the landscape is constantly changing – embrace it and enjoy it.
2. Build a Strong Team: Surround yourself with a talented and motivated team. Hiring the right people and fostering a positive work culture will drive productivity and innovation within your organization. You don’t have to be EO but TensCare going #Employeeowned boosted this positive work culture at TensCare. TensCare rally around the central values of Caring, Cooperation and Encouragement these values are important. Yes accountability responsibility and measurement are essential too but your values will ensure the rest of the work gets done to the best of everyone’s ability.
3. Focus on Customer Experience: Place the customer at the centre of everything you do. Invest in delivering exceptional customer experiences, as happy customers are more likely to become loyal advocates for your brand. At TensCare we focus on our WHY – in the drive to improve the quality of life – make your purpose emotional not financial. The money will follow. Make the customer experience align with your WHY – if you haven’t listened to #simonsinek or google him now.
4. Adapt to Market Changes: Be flexible and adaptive to market changes and customer needs. Responding swiftly to evolving trends will help your business maintain its relevance and stay ahead of the competition. At TensCare we encourage an open mindset, remember everyone knows something you don’t know so they are worth listening to. This is a lesson driven powerfully by our TensCare New Product Development team.
5. Prioritize Sustainability: Incorporate sustainable practices into your business operations. Being environmentally responsible will not only benefit the planet but also resonate with customers who value businesses that care about their impact. Design in sustainability and advocate for it. Don’t just have a CSR policy – read it, do it and live it.
6. Collaborate and Network: Build strategic partnerships and networks both within your industry and beyond where you can. Collaborating with others can open doors to new opportunities and expand your reach. Networking beyond your immediate circle helps self- development and expands horizons both for yourself and potential opportunities for your team.
7. Data-Driven Research and Decision Making: Leverage data analytics to make informed decisions. Data-driven insights will enable you to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement. TensCare have years of evaluating clinical data around electrotherapy to find the best pain relief therapies and targeted muscle stimulation and rehabilitation. This analytic process can be broadened to letting data help drive decisions, remember though the people in your world; it’s not only data that should decide the course of action – let your emotions and intuition guide you too. You have been around long enough to also trust your instincts as well as the data. It helps if they are aligned!
8. Be Transparent: Cultivate transparency in your business practices. Honesty and openness with customers, employees, and stakeholders builds trust and credibility. People do business with people they like and trust. Check out the book Authentic Gravitas by Dr #RebeccaNewton – I am not on commission its just a good read.
9. Celebrate the wins and the milestones: celebrate – recognising and rewarding successes boosts morale and motivates both you and your team to strive for even greater accomplishments. This last week TensCare have had messages of celebration and congratulations on our 30th anniversary from all over the World. Quality will build trust and that builds friendships – celebrate friendships!
10. Plan for the Long-Term: Develop a clear and comprehensive long-term strategy. Focusing on sustainable growth rather than short-term gains will lead to more stable and enduring success.
11. Learn from Mistakes: Embrace failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Reflect on mistakes, understand the lessons they offer, and use that knowledge to improve both commercially and personally
12. Monitor Cash Flow: Keep a close eye on your financials and protect your cash flow. Managing finances prudently will help ensure your business's stability and enable future investments. Teach your team about the basics of financial management (not all will be interested but its good to give a general understanding) share your business numbers with those in your team that are interested their buy in will keep you 1. Solvent, 2. Improve your profitability
13. Stay Compliant: Adhere to all relevant regulations and industry standards. Compliance is crucial for maintaining a positive reputation and avoiding legal issues. Focus on Quality: Prioritize developing both the quality of the people you work with as well as the quality of the product (or service) you are delivering. Setting high expectations in regard to quality is ultimately what will set your business apart and create loyal customers who value what you offer. TensCare are ISO 13485 accredited and have MDR certification because we wire in a quality Management System that is continuously reviewed.
14. Celebrate Milestones: Celebrate your business's achievements and milestones. Recognising and rewarding successes boosts morale and motivates your team to strive for even greater accomplishments. We definitely celebrated our 30th Anniversary. HAHA I have included celebrate on this list twice – I am leaving it in - have double the fun!
15. Approach everyone you work with or work for with LOVE: You may not be loved back but it will make work more enjoyable or at the very least less stressful for you. Ultimately people want to feel worthy and be recognised for their worth. Whilst work doesn’t define a person’s worth how you treat people you work with will. This can also manifest itself more broadly by being active and engaged in your local community and engaging with your stakeholders through social responsibility initiatives and meaningful contributions. LOVE really does conquer all.