Many of our products qualify for VAT Relief. If you are eligible for VAT relief, or you are purchasing specifically for someone who is, we will refund the VAT once a claim form has been provided.
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
- They are a UK resident
- The person is "chronically sick or disabled", meaning they have a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities, or has a condition the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, or is terminally ill.
- The products are purchased or acquired for their personal or domestic use.
HM Revenue & Customs does NOT consider any of the following as eligible for VAT relief:
- A person temporarily disabled or incapacitated from injury
- Frail elderly people who are otherwise able-bodied
- Pregnancy or pain relief equipment for childbirth
- Business use
- Use in connection to treatment provided by hospitals, nursing homes, or other commercial establishments.
How to apply for VAT relief
Digitally - by opening the document in Adobe, clicking on the fields and typing to fill them, then saving and sending back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By hand - by printing the document, filling out by hand and then either scanning or taking a clear photo to email to us, or sending via post to the address below.
9 Blenheim Road
Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BE
How to claim VAT relief on TensCare website orders
It's easy. Simply:
- Place your order as normal
- Once you have placed your order, contact us to let us know your order number
- If we have a valid VAT form on record, we will refund the VAT from your order
Please note: The cost of your items and the amount of VAT for each item is displayed on the checkout. Although the VAT will be included in your total initially, we will refund the VAT amount.
Mail and telephone orders:
We must have a valid VAT exemption form for the current year before deducting VAT from your order. If you have filled in a form for the current year, please notify the staff member taking the order. If you have not filled out a VAT form for the current year, we will charge VAT on your order and issue a VAT refund once a form has been provided.
For further information about VAT relief for disabled people read HMRC Notice 701/7 (August 2002) at the HMRC website or contact their national advice centre on 0845 010 9000.