Which TENS unit should I buy?
All types of pain (excluding some types of deep internal pain) can be relieved with TENS.
Most of our TENS units are suitable for any type of pain.
The differences between them are the ease of use, and the number of choices of settings available.
- Analogue units are controlled with rotary knobs. These can be sensitive, complicated, and difficult to set accurately, but have a continuous range of settings.
- Digital units have a more predictable push button control and can have a memory programme to record your usage, and preset programmes for quick results.
- Preset programmes are much simpler to use and work for most people, but may limit the choices of settings. Everyone's nervous system is different, and some people get better results by adjusting the settings - and the sensations they cause - until they find the one that suits them best.
- Ova is very small, with large electrodes, to give effective, discreet, relief from period pain.
- MamaTENS has a special ‘Boost’ button to provide a strong sensation during each contraction. During childbirth, you do not want to be constantly adjusting the controls, which is why MamaTENS is specifically designed for use in labour, unlike normal TENS units.
- MamaTENS MyTime boasts the same features as the MamaTENS, but also has a Contraction Timer and Comfort Strength Control with 140 intensity steps for gentle increases in stimulation.
Here's a quick product comparison of our TENS units: