Hydrogels must be applied correctly to the electrodes for the device to work correctly. Improper application can result in uneven or ineffective stimulation.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- It is essential to clean your skin before use.
- Select the hydrogel and smart electrode for the targeted muscle.
- Remove the hydrogels from the foil bag.
- Remove the black liners labelled 1 from one of the hydrogels and apply to the rear of the electrodes.
- Remove the clear liners labelled 2 from the electrodes. Be careful to ensure the hydrogels remain stuck to the electrode.
Note: Please take care when removing liners from the hydrogels to ensure the gel does not get damaged.
- Place the clear liner in the travel case. The black liner can be disposed of.
- Place the smart electrode on the targeted muscle (see electrode placement guide).
Do not ignore any allergic reaction to the hydrogels: If a skin irritation develops stop using Form. A small number of users may have an adverse reaction to the gel.
Do not place hydrogels on skin which does not have normal sensation or on broken skin.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- The stimulator will turn off automatically when the session is complete.
- Remove the stimulator from the electrode.
- Remove the electrode from the body by peeling by the outer edges.
- Re-apply the clear plastic liner onto the hydrogels and store the electrodes and the stimulator in the travel case. Proper storage between uses will help maximise the life of the gel.
- The hydrogels are reusable and should provide 10-20 applications per gel. However, this will vary depending on the user’s skin condition and how the hydrogels are stored between use. Try to limit the amount of time the gels are exposed to the air.
- Replace the hydrogels when they lose their stickiness. Poor connection to the body may cause ineffective treatment, discomfort and skin irritation.
- The hydrogels supplied are for single patient use. The adhesive is a peel able hydrogel (water based).